TELECONFERENCE: Turbulent Times For Hospital & Health System Labs-Key Trends & Strategies in a Post PAMA and ACA World
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 | 2 pm – 3:15 pm ET
Understand the crucial market forces & financial trends that are creating unique challenges for your hospital lab
Hospital laboratories are facing an unsettling period characterized by increasing financial pressures resulting from reimbursement cuts required by PAMA and growing market turbulence in reaction to the ACA and the Administration’s efforts to scuttle the federal law.
Hospital lab executives continue to grapple with an array of compelling issues: steep payment reductions, pressure to reduce costs, growth of Medicare Advantage plans, narrowing networks, greater consumer engagement, and prior authorization requirements, to name a few.
Given today’s hospital ecosystem, outreach programs most likely to prosper are those that are operationally efficient, innovative and strategically adept. Join our panel of savvy hospital lab experts for an interactive discussion of top operational issues & solutions, market challenges & opportunities and practical business insights aimed at providing your hospital lab with a competitive advantage in today’s “dog eat dog” healthcare climate.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll learn during this “must-attend” 75-minute session:
- Identify the major trends and developments impacting the changing hospital laboratory market
- Find out how to maximize reimbursement to improve your lab’s financial performance
- See why it’s critical to improve service standards and develop ways to effectively engage consumers
- Learn the importance of revenue cycle management and why so many outreach programs still don’t get it right
- Understand the pluses and minuses of cost-cutting and how to rationalize the process
- Gain insight on practical strategies and tips to consider in growing your outreach program
- Understand the best ways of positioning your lab in a fast-changing, competitive marketplace
- Examine the key factors that need to be addressed in any consolidation or merger plan
Dennis Weissman (Moderator)
President, Dennis Weissman & Associates, LLC
Vice President of Consulting, Accumen, Inc.
Vice President for System Laboratories, Henry Ford Health System
Director of Diagnostic Services, Rex Hospital