New Research Report on U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market
Laboratory Economics has just released The U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market: Forecast & Trends 2022-2024. With this special report, you can tap into 150 pages of proprietary market research that reveals critical data and information about key business trends affecting the anatomic pathology market.
The report reveals that the U.S. anatomic pathology market represented an estimated $25.8 billion of revenue in 2022 with a long-term annual growth rate of 7-8%. Growth is being driven almost entirely by increased molecular oncology testing.
The U.S. anatomic pathology market faces unprecedented change, including the introduction of artificial intelligence tools that increase pathologist productivity, greater utilization management by private payers and persistent reimbursement pressure.
“The introduction of new higher-priced molecular oncology tests and next-generation sequencing for tumor mutation profiling should more than offset price and volume pressure on routine pathology tests,” according to Jondavid Klipp, President of Laboratory Economics.
“In addition, the introduction of AI software tools that enhance pathologist productivity has the potential to profoundly change the way pathology is practiced within the next 3-5 years.”
The report includes:
- More than 150 charts and graphs
- Pathology market size and growth rates
- Detailed estimates for market subsets like uropathology,
dermatopathology, and gastrointestinal pathology
- In-depth analysis of the molecular oncology testing market size and growth rates
- Medicare claims data for 60+ key pathology codes covering surgical pathology, molecular oncology, immunohistochemistry and special stains, tumor marker immunoassays, FISH testing and flow cytometry
- Cervical cancer testing trends and pricing data
- In-office histology lab trends
- Detailed analysis of the emerging digital pathology & AI market
- Results from Laboratory Economics Anatomic Pathology
and Clinical Lab Trends Surveys from 2015 through 2021
Anatomic pathology companies highlighted include:
- Ambry Genetics
- Bako Diagnostics
- Caris Life Sciences
- CellNetix Pathology & Laboratories
- Exact Sciences
- Foundation Medicine
- Fulgent Genetics
- Guardant Health
- Mayo Clinic Laboratories
- Myriad Genetics
- OPKO/BioReference Labs
- PathAI/Poplar Healthcare
- Quest Diagnostics
- Sonic Healthcare/Aurora Diagnostics/ProPath Services
The U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market: Forecast & Trends 2022-2024 is published by Laboratory Economics, an independent market research firm focused exclusively on the business of pathology and laboratory medicine.